Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Spring Dreaming

I think all of us have about had all the fun with winter that we can stand. I woke up this morning to 13 degrees and once again made it a treadmill workout. I can currently only dream about those long fast walks along the highway, warm sun shining on me, iPod cranked with upbeat tunes and my body wanting to just stay in motion forever. Or at least for five or six miles. I know that spring is coming but it can't get here soon enough.

I'm also really done with listening to the constant bad news about the economy. I'm just going to tune it out, I know it's there but I'm not going to dwell on it anymore. There isn't anything I can do about it so there is no reason to listen to the crap. I'm going back to filling my days with positive and let the negative run it's course without me. If I watch TV at all it's going to be happy and positive. Same with movies I watch, time for happy stuff with a message. I never cared for the reality shows either, since they dwell on emotional pain for others to a large extent.

I have a happy job, once in a while I get a patient that wants to be ugly for no real reason except that they just need to strike out at life in general but I don't let them steal my joy. With a happy job, and most jobs can be happy if you look at them with the right frame of mind, it's pretty easy to control the other parts of your life. When you decide you are not going to let the negative that's all around you affect you then you can make a lot of it stop. For instance I have a co worker that loves to gossip about other co workers, I just tell her I don't wanna listen to that, we can talk about other stuff but we aren't going to gossip about people.

With the coming spring, the time of rebirth for our planet, it's a good time to make some changes in your life. My changes this spring are going to be keep the positive and the beauty and just not have any time for the ugly and the negative. The world is gonna do just fine if I stop worrying about Iran having the bomb and the the bank executives getting bonuses with our tax money. One of the things I've often thought was odd was if being rich was so wonderful how come so many wealthy people are on rehab. I would rather be strong and healthy and live every day with a passion for life.

In order to live with a passion for and look forward to every day you have to make those days worth the trouble. As an athlete I have the chance to start every day with a good workout that makes the rest of the day easier to deal with because I feel like I've accomplished something. I can take personal pride in giving an honest effort, even if no one else knows. When I can go through the rest of my day with that warm glow it effects those around me. Happy is catching just like sad and feeling blue is catching.

Lets each of us make a committment to be happy and not get caught up in the ugly that we can't do anything about. Spring is a good time to start being happy.

Thanks for reading.

Positive Panda

No comments: