Saturday, June 2, 2012

Moving Forward

It's 5am and that old military guy that is inside has me up as usual ready for what ever the day brings.  I haven't used an alarm clock for almost 20 years now.  There are advantages though to getting up early, especially if you're a person that likes to get their exercise in early with plenty of energy to really let loose.  I can't wait to get up in the mornings and get started.  I'm like a child with hopes and dreams that need attention and laying in bed isn't going to make them happen.

I'm just recovering from a bad Achilles tendon injury and it was touch and go for a while.  But now that I'm back to training again, easy training with a lot of stretching and strengthening thrown in, I can't wait to get going again.  That demon had it's shot and I lived through it, they say, "what doesn't kill us makes us stronger" and in this case that's true.  I'm coming back stronger, more limber and smarter.  We guys tend to learn way to much by trial and error, but such is our way.

There is a song with the lyrics, "The future is wide open", that's how we should feel every morning when it's time to get up.  Each new day has the possibility to be day that you break through to a new level in what ever your dream is.  But that new level is never achieved if we don't go after it.

Thanks for reading.

No comments: