Sunday, May 10, 2009

Feel Your Power!

Most of us let the past control our present and our future. We wake up the same person we were when we went to bed. We still have the same fears, we still worry about the same things and we still dislike the same things about ourselves.

What if you thought about what you don't like about yourself and your life in general and made a decision that when you wake up tomorrow morning you would not be the same person you were when you went to bed. What if you woke up the person you have always wanted to be instead.

What do you want to change about yourself? Do you want more education, do you want to be more interesting, how about leaner and stronger. Really give it some thought and decide what you would like to change. Change doesn't have to be dramatic, start with little things. For example, what if you wanted to learn more about a subject that would make your job easier or you want to learn more about healthy eating. You want to learn but don't have the time or money for classes. Go to the collage book store and buy the text book that the class would use and read it instead of reading a novel.

When I retired from the Air Force I thought I might want to be a teacher. There is a program called "Troops to Teachers". Since I had a collage degree I could just take the exams in the fields I was interested in and if I passed get my teaching certification. I bought the text book for what I would be tested on; History, Economics, Phys and Socialolgy. I read nothing but these books for 3 months and passed my tests. I hadn't been exposed to this material for over 20 years but I became very knowledgeable within 3 months. You can do that with virtually any subject you are interested in.

You can be knowledgeable in nutrition, the physics of weight training, fat reduction, auto mechanics or any subject you want just by doing the studying on your own. You just have to want it. This is just one example of how you can change.

Give it some thought, what do you want to change and be open minded. Let's say you want to get started being stronger and leaner. Just waking up with the decision to do it is the hardest part. I don't mean wake up and throw on your workout clothes and hit the road but start looking at how you can add extra steps to your day. Like parking further from work so you have to walk. Take a short walk on your breaks and at lunch. Start looking for ways to add steps, literally make it a game.

You have the power to change you all you have to do is want it.

Changing Panda

No comments: